The nomination of Kirk reminds us we must redouble our effort as we have the remaining 6 of the Cap n Tax 8 all yet to face a GOP Primary (one "Cap n Tax 8"--Congressman John McHugh of NY23rd--was appointed Secretary of the Army; the special election held last fall vaulted Conservative candidate Doug Hoffman into national limelight). These 6 must be stopped in their primary elections. The video below highlights the frustration we feel from their betrayal on such an important issue:
Following is a recap of these remaining six and links to the candidates who seem to have all voiced opposition to HR2454:
- Congressman Michael Castle (DE) now in play for Biden's old Senate seat against Christine O'Donnell. Primary elections: Sept 14th
- Congressman Leonard Lance (NJ-07) running against Dave Larsen and Lon Hosford. Primary elections: June 8th
- Congressman Frank LoBiondo (NJ- 02) running against anti-Obamacare and anti-Cap n Tax Republican Linda Biamonte. Primary elections: June 8th
- Congressman Christopher Smith (NJ-04) vs. Alan Bateman. Primary elections: June 8th
- Congressman Dave Reichert (WA-08) vs. Ernest Huber. Primary elections:
June 8thAug 17th
- And lastly, Nacilbupera's former 12-year Congresswoman Mary Bono Mack (CA-45) when we lived in Riverside County, California vs. newly Nacilbupera-endorsed Clayton Thibodeau. Primary elections: June 8th
We have done a fair amount of research in endorsing Clay. He is also endorsed by the fiscally-conservative advocate group Independence Caucus which boasts a serious vetting system for candidates as well as the California Republican Assembly (a group which gives Assemblymember-turned-Senate-candidate Chuck DeVore a perfect score.) Clay demonstrated his electability by garnishing more signatures to be put on the ballot than all other GOP candidates combined (h/t Political Pistachio); additionally, Clay has written a book "Pure Patriotism" available at Lulu.com.
So remains the question on your plate as the reader: how mad are you at the remaining 6 of the GOP Cap and Trade 8? Are you mad enough to follow them on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook and other social media? Are you mad enough to do a write up about them on your own blog? Are you willing to send out emails to relatives or friends who might live in these districts? And most importantly, are you willing to put some of your hard earned money the government has yet to take away from you and give it to these noble candidates?