The Nacilbupera Guzzle

Whoever examines with attention the history of the dearths and famines … will find, I believe, that a dearth never has arisen from any combination among the inland dealers in corn, nor from any other cause but a real scarcity, occasioned sometimes perhaps, and in some particular places, by the waste of war, but in by far the greatest number of cases by the fault of the seasons; and that a famine has never arisen from any other cause but the violence of government attempting, by improper means, to remedy the inconveniences of a dearth. (Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations IV.5.44)

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

We Become I

Much ado as been said of Nacilbupera's first person plural voice on this blog.

Just as we evolved from "I" to "we" we, er, I am now choosing to re-evolve (digress?) back to the first person singular.

Why? I don't exactly know why but it seems like the "we" creates ambiguity confusion (despite our attempt at clarification), and a sense I am uncomfortable speaking on my own ground (entirely not true). Then again it creates awkward prose when referring to "we" while Nacilbupera is and always has been clearly singular.

Hope you enjoy the change!

No comments: